Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Wedding Shower Weekend

So Jayson and I had our wedding shower, finally a huge chunk of stress is off my shoulders. Of course not without hitting the stress climax of it all.
Jayson and his grandparents arrived wednesday evening right around dinner time. I still had to go grocery shopping that afternoon, did I mention I happen to procrastinate? Time was cutting close to their arrival, but luckily I pulled it off with enough time to start dinner. We had the evening to visit and relax, before things got crazy in the next few days. This was also the only real one on one time Jayson and I got the whole weekend.

Thursday I had some last minute shopping to do before Saturday, so Jayson and his grandparents came with me to pick up a shirt and tie for Jayson to wear during family pictures on Saturday and some decorations for the shower. We swung by Grandma Williams to pick-up a couple christmas trees, before dropping off Jay's grandparents back at home then booking it to my hair appointment.
We got home just in time for dinner, we only had a mouse sized serving, because we were meeting some of my friends later. An hour or so later as we were all gathered around watching a DVD nana had brought with her, my most favorite cousin Chelsey and her husband Craig arrived. Shortly after that the four of us headed out to meet up with friend Mark and his girlfriend Kate and my other friend Ashley and her boyfriend. We ended up going for Sushi, mmm. We had a really good time, and as things are going it was a last time I'll see you in a long time sort of night. 
We got home from Sushi around 10:00 just in time for the arrival of my uncle Kelvin and aunt LaVern, and three of their boys; Garrett, Lain, and Dale. We did introductions, but nana had gone to bed, so she got introduced in the morning. Once everyone got settled and went to bed,  the four of us (Chelsey, Craig, Jay, and myself) popped in a movie and fell asleep.

Breakfast the next day was crazy. We had a large spread and lots of mouths, however this is typical when my family gets together. After everyone was fed and satisfied we all went our separate ways. All the kids headed to the Den where they sat and played video games ALL day, My aunt and uncle disappeared somewhere maybe with my parents who took nana and grandpa on a tour to the huderittes. 
Chelsey and Craig worked on list of questions for Jayson and I to answer for the wedding shower. Chelsey accidently gave us each others questions to answer, so I was guessing Jayson's answers before he even got to answer first.
By 3:00pm the four of us were heading to the temple with my mom, I got all set-up with everything I needed for my first time. 
The experience was amazing, I wouldn't have it any other way. Oh and I just want to thank everyone who came to share my in my experience. 
After the temple, everyone went for chinese food so we could visit and Jayson could meet everyone. What an exhausting day!

Saturday, the Big day! 
I had to get my hair re-dyed, at 9:00am, thanks for squeezing me in Tash!
We got the church for 1:00pm so we could set everything up. The decorator was suppose to meet us there, but no one had showed up. We had some other decorations to put up as well, so we did that while we waited. The caterers came and set up, but still no show on the decorators. Finally after calling them twice they showed up close to three.
I had to run since I hadn't even showered yet and I had to pick-up the cup cakes my friend Tasha had made.
Trish was meeting us early at the church so we could have family pictures taken, thanks Trish!

Finally it was time for the shower, the place looked great, the food was good, and it was alot of fun! The cake and cupcakes were delicious, and it was so good seeing everyone!

After the shower we all cleaned up and went home. Jayson and I opened gifts and cards as everyone watched, it was fun!

Sunday hit and Jayson, Nana and Grandpa were the first to leave :( Then Chelsey and Craig. In the afternoon LaVern and Kelvin left with their boys, and Last to left were John and Erin with their kids. 
The house was empty again, with only two weeks until I was leaving for the wedding!

No comments: