Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blogging Again!

It's been too long!

I just finished posting on my other blog, but I want to attempt keeping them both up to date.

I think this one I'll be more personal on, even though the same people will probably read both. With that I'll assume those reading this will have already read my other blog and are pretty much up to date on our life thus far.

I figure this is the best place to get this out there:

Over a year ago Jayson and I decided we would start try for a baby. We wanted to keep it a secret so when we did get pregnant it would be a surprise to our family and friends. I guess that was where our mistake came in, we couldn't get pregnant. After a year we still wanted to keep it a secret, but we were obviously having issues in this department. We have now started to see a fertility doctor, who has been able to shed some light on our situation. I have a mild case of endometriosis, which could possibly be the issue. Instead of going straight into surgery to remove it, we decided to try a cheaper route of Clomid. This is a pill I take to help ovulate, however after a few months it has proven ineffective. We have now decided to pursue the surgery, before taking the next step, which would be artificial insemination.  

So now that it's out in he open don't be afraid to talk to me about it. I would have come out with it sooner, but in my head it was weird to answer the question: "So when are you guys going to start trying for a baby?" when the answer was "We have been, for over a year and it's not working!" lol

I know it will come unfortunately it's just not as easy for us as it is for others.

2 comments:

Cinda said...

Thanks for keeping us informed. I hope it would work out for you guys because you will make the cutest babies! Let us know when the surgery is, so we can help support you in any way that we can.

Sasha said...

Hey Kim, I hope you don't get annoyed with all of my comments, but I know when we were in the same situation, I wanted advise. I was very proactive when we were trying because I am older and age is also a big deal. We started out with all of the blood work (Hormone levels, Thyroid etc.) then we did the HSG test (I don't know if you've done that one or not) then we had Chris test TWICE, then ovulation monitoring, then Clomid and three rounds of IUI. It definately wasn't easy, and we were really discouraged. I was going to try everything I could and then if it didn't happen, I would at least know that I tried my very best. I don't know if any of this will help, but I've also done much research and would love to tell you everything I've learned. Hang in there! I know it will happen.